Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Your Menu Choices





These kids faces just go twisting by so fast you don't even register how expressive they are until you see them later on (digital) film. He's hearing his dinner options and reacting the way he reacts to anything remotely unfamiliar.

We've decided not to pick the battle of "eat what you are given."

Dinner was pretty strict when I grew up. We had to eat everything on our plate and make no comments about it. Now I look back with memories of dinner being a difficult, unpleasant trial rather than an enjoyable family event. I've decided we're all going to enjoy dinner.

Plus my wife is living proof that you can grow big (she's 6 feet and 1 inch tall) and strong (and bear healthy children) without eating your vegetables. I thought I was a picky eater until I met Sara. She grew up on hot dogs, Pop Tarts, and Cap'n Crunch. And these days she eats hot dogs, Pop Tarts, and Cap'n Crunch. She tried to buy a cucumber at the grocery store the other day and accidentally bought a zucchini.

So we are pretty lenient when it comes to dinner...

Thank goodness they fortify Cap'n Crunch.

More of today's pictures: HERE

No comments: