Monday, August 07, 2006

Available Food, Available Light













Today is my birthday so I'm reflecting a bit... Dash is six years old and when he gets hungry he just goes to the fridge and gets something. Then he half eats it and leaves the remains and the dishes all over the place. But the point is, he doesn't need me to feed him right now.

I try to make a big deal out of each milestone. I remember one time Dash and Magali got out of the bath and pulled the towels off the rack by themselves. They used to ask me to get them a towel. So I pretended to be very upset and crying, "You don't NEED me to get your towel anymore because you are growing up too fast. Please LET me get your towel and tie your shoes and get your food! SLOW DOWN with the growing up thing!"

Now when they get out of the tub they call out to me, "Papa, we need you to help us get our towels!" I go into the bathroom and they are holding their towels in their hands laughing at me, "We got 'em ourselves!"

Dash doesn't need me to help him open the refrigerator door anymore.

I don't think I like that.

More of today's pictures: HERE

No comments: