Monday, November 06, 2006

Nightmare Before Christmas







It's no secret. I love Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. In fact it holds the record as the movie I have seen the most times in the theater (excluding Rocky Horror Picture Show). I saw Nightmare five times in the theater. I saw Toy Story four. I've talked about my being a grown up sized kid in other posts.

Anyway, they are playing the movie in 3D in the theaters now so we all went. The kids loved it as much as I did. The 3D is amazing and the movie lends itself to the technique because the camera work is really great. The camera gets inside those tiny sets with very cool angles and sweeping motions. It really works in 3D.

At the end credits they had original sketches come shooting out at you in 3D. Dash was amazed and kept running around the theater trying to reach out and snatch the drawings. That's what the bottom picture is. There is no light in the theater so the shots look like spy camera footage. Cool!

More of today's pictures : HERE

No comments: