Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Lonely Sea Monster









I stumbled across an amazing artist named Deanna Molinaro. She makes amazing little books that remind me a little of Edward Gorey, one of my great heroes. Anyway, I bought a book called "The Lonely Sea Monster". It is a hilarious tale of a monster and a little girl and the illustrations are sublime.

I knew Dash would love the book because a little girl gets eaten in it. Dash likes books about monsters eating little children.

The second picture is Dash getting to the part where the monster eats the girl.

The last picture is the dedication that Deanna wrote for Dash. She even drew a picture of the sea monster!

Man, does Dash love this book.

More of today's shots HERE

1 comment:

Tammy Wilson said...

I have given several copies of that book as gifts. I've tried reading it out loud and I crack up every time. Then people look at me like I'm crazy because I'm laughing maniacally about a little girl being eaten. Anyway - it's the best. And your pictures are nice, too, by the way.