Thursday, May 31, 2007

We Got a Car







We love Zipcar. But we realized we were spending as much on it as we would on a decent car so we went shopping last week. We finally signed the papers today on a 2003 Honda Element. Most of our friends over 30 think it's a cool car, perfect for kids. Most of our friends under 30 HATE it. We love it. So far.

I must say that I feel absolutely dirty after dealing with the car salespeople and financiers. That sleazy, deceptive, demeaning cliche of the high pressure car salesman is alive and well in the 21st century. It is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago. The joy of owning my car is somewhat tarnished by the difficulty of attaining it.

If a dealership was honest and open with it's clients would it lose business? Wouldn't its customers rave about them and drive new customers towards them? I guess not because they just don't do business that way... At least the two dealerships we dealt with.

So I have a bad taste in my mouth after today but we have a cool car. The kids really dig it- even though they are under 30.

More of this month's shots HERE

No comments: