Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Sky Is Copying Me



Sara took this picture of Magali walking home from dropping Dash off at school. Magali was singing to herself. We are proud to say that our kids both really love the Pogues. Their favorite song is a typical Irish folk punk brawler called "Sally Maclennane." There is a lyric that goes:

Sad to say I must be on me way
So buy me beer or whiskey 'cause I'm goin' far away

And then the whole band shouts "FAR AWAY!"

The kids love this part. Anyway, Magali was singing the song as she walked down the street and when the chorus came up she screamed at the top of her lungs, "FAR AWAY!" Then she stopped short. She screamed it again and then told Sara, "Mama, the sky is copying me."

Sara said, "That's called an echo."

So then Magali went walking down the street screaming, "ECHO!"

More of today's pictures: HERE

No comments: