Monday, July 10, 2006

Papa's Got a Mohawk


So here's a funny story:

My son, Dash, age six, said a few weeks ago that he wanted to get a Mohawk. Now, we are artists and Bohemians in spirit so we thought it was a GREAT idea. We encouraged him to do it but he kind of wavered a bit. Then, his friend and neighbor, Ryan, also age six, got a Mohawk probably because he was sick of hearing Dash talk about it.

But Dash was still hesitant- Keep in mind, this whole thing was Dash's idea. Anyway, to help him make the RIGHT decision I did what any father would do: I offered to get a Mohawk with him. So we went to the barber. He wanted me to go first. Buzz, buzz... Papa's got a Mohawk.

Then, when Dash got into the chair, he decided he didn't really want a Mohawk. Seriously, no. He doesn't want a Mohawk. But Dash I just got a Mohawk because I thought we were going to get them together and it would look so cool on the Daily Dash/Dex to have us both with Mohawks- He doesn't want a Mohawk. He really doesn't want a Mohawk. He doesn't like the way Mohawks look. He decided.

No comments: